Wednesday, December 12, 2007

This morning

1. I'm in my living room and I hear some chittering noises, so I look out my front window. It's snowing and while the snow is coming down slowly, the flakes are big and it's sticking. Two little gray-squirrels (who happen to be a little brownish) chase each other across my sidewalk and pause about 2 feet from each other. The one in back picks up some snow, balls it up, and throws it at the one in front. He's hit in the head. I do a double take, but what I just saw is reaffirmed when the back squirrel does it again.

2. I'm on a bus to school and I'm running a little late. I'm not too worried though, as I am on the bus and it's not that far that I need to go. But then, somehow, I've switched to the bus going in the wrong direction. I pull the cord and get off at the next stop. I go across the street and wait at the correct bus stop. A bus pulls up but it's not the 49, it's the 44. I know that goes to my school, but the bus looks old and bound for a long trip, so I don't want to risk it. I wait a few more seconds and then I need to go to the bathroom. I go find one, and put down a lot of stuff that I seem to be carrying. I "use" the bathroom (I don't think I really did anything in the stall though). Then I struggle to pick up and arrange all my stuff again. I realize that I have to sort through some other stuff and I go to a dorm room that I've been sharing with Becca. She's got a flight to catch and our clothes are all together as we've been sharing them. I flip through a pile of shirts and make sure she doesn't forget all of hers.

No comments: