Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Symmetrical Inversion, or Claude Levi-Strauss controls my dreams...

I was minding my own business when I was transported to a parallel Earth. I encountered the non-me, a guy, who I thought was pretty cute, living in a house that was rather similar in shape and size to the house I lived in when I was in high school. The furniture was better located in the rooms however, and overall, the house was better decorated.

The guy was in high school, as was I, but we were also both my current age. Nothing was odd about this. He lived in one of the basement rooms - although, a different basement room than I had lived in in high school - and one that hadn't really existed in my version of the house. He and I were instant best friends and he housed me, a refugee from my Earth. I helped him with complex tasks, mostly quests that he had to undertake to finish school. We avoided letting his mother or brother find me.

I had only been there for about 24 hours before I awoke, but I hadn't slept yet in that world and I was becoming exhausted. I thought to myself that other people had worked harder and stayed awake longer than I, and surely I could last a few more hours without sleep. I thought about my horse riding abilities, and hoped I could stay on.

No comments: