Sunday, March 30, 2008

Stalkers

I was in the public library, on my last day of my internship as a reference librarian. There was some construction going on; new desks being put in for the librarians, walls being taken down and rebuilt in slightly different locations and so on. Our temporary reference desk was a line of tables that we were sitting at. We messed around with their arrangement a bit. For a while there was a long couch a few meters behind them, but we decided to move it so that patrons wouldn't be behind us like that. The room was sunny in a bright white, indirect-sun way and all the furnishings, the building, and the carpet were different tans and light browns.

I chatted with a few librarians, some of them were new and didn't know me. They assumed that I didn't know anything because I was a new student, which annoyed me because I had been working there for months and was almost done with school. A few patrons came through the library with their questions and issues.

Then, a man in brown clothes, in his thirties or so, and with coppery colored hair strolled into the library carrying a large copper meteorite somewhat covered with a white crust. He came up to our reference tables and slammed it down causing some of the white crust to break off as a powdery dust and fly into the air around us. Some of it got into my eye before I moved away. I jumped back covered my eyes and mouth and tried to get the powder out of my eye by pulling at my eyelid. Some of the librarians tried to jump up and stop him but he ran off (taking the meteorite) and disappeared past the construction crew.

I knew the powder in my eye was intended to knock me out, so I was lucky to have only taken a little of the attack. The man with the meteorite had intended to abduct me, but things hadn't gone as planned.

[A fair amount of the dream at this point is kind of fuzzy to me.]

Somehow I made it to an apartment, where I lived with some people who may have been friends or relatives, and there might have been one person who was in the form of a female human but was secretly an elephant.

We knew that this man, and others like him were going to continue to come after us, so we were packing up the things we needed and getting ready to go on the run. I was packing a backpack, and emptying my purse into it along with other things. I found a large amount of loose money - mostly ones and tens - and was trying to scoop it up without taking all the junk around it in my purse. The money was very dense and heavy.

I was in the center of the apartment, in a small brightly lit room with no furniture.
In front of where I was kneeling and packing my bag was a sliding door that lead out onto a balcony and a bright white day. To my right was a door to some other part of the apartment, and behind me was the front door of our unit. We were sure that the man was almost there, so were were hurrying to get out.

He arrived before we could leave, so we ran to hide in the apartment. I and one other person wanted to distract him from everyone else in the apartment so that they wouldn't get dragged into the drama. He started chasing someone else though, so we ran through a number of rooms and doors to a room off of another room with a private bathroom in it. As we did so, we tried to go faster than he could and hide, but still make enough noise to draw him away from the others. I went into that bathroom. It was a light blue color, darker than the other parts of the apartment because it only had one small window with textured privacy glass. This provided a fair amount of light, but colder tones than the rest of the apartment. The window was above a stand-up shower box. The shower was not unusual, except there was a horizontal beam that stretched across the top of it diagonally about 3 feet below the ceiling.

As I was running away from the man with the meteorite, I knew that I would probably have the extra adrenaline I needed to jump up and grab the beam so I did. I then struggled a bit to pull myself up to be on top of the beam, but I eventually managed to do so.

[At this point, things shifted so I didn't get caught or go out the window... not sure what happened.]

I was outside with a group of friends in the evening. We wanted to go get a late night snack and they didn't know the town. One of them was a tall Ukrainian man who had no sense of urgency. We had been hanging out somewhere party-like prior to this, but I don't recall that part anymore. We had left a large brick building - which was probably the library - out the back door, and I was taking them the long way past the construction so that we would stay in the unpopulated area, away from where the man with the meteorite would be looking for us. My group kept trying to turn up streets that went too close to the construction, but I kept getting them to stay to my route. They wouldn't go fast though, and even when they did just follow me without sidetracks, the neighborhood blocks would stretch out and take forever to walk down.

We were found, but this time not by the man with the meteorite, rather, by a powerful woman in a long light blue gown and with long blond hair - a companion of that man. She was behind us, in the middle of an empty intersection at the end of the block we had been trying to walk up all night. The sky was getting light, and she could see us well. She raised her arms up to the sky to cast a spell on us and catch us. We stood frozen, trying to figure out how to escape her. The street grew a little longer, she was further away, but still in a danger range, but I escaped by waking up.

[Not wanting to forget this dream, I immediately started thinking about it, but I got worried that that woman would be able to track me by my thoughts about her, so I didn't think about it too much, and therefore lost those little bits noted above.]

No comments: