Thursday, March 27, 2014

Full Anxiety, March 26/27

I had a lot of dreams, mostly full of anxiety themes.

In the only non-anxiety-filled one I had moved to a new giant apartment, on a commune, and was working on getting moved in and preparing for some house guests who knew me, but who I couldn't figure out where I knew them from (but it wasn't really a problem). After they arrived, they teased me that I didn't know where they knew me from, and I finally admitted that it was true. They filled me in that they had known my dad when he had an apartment in a big city. They were neighbors and hung out one day when he put out an old television on the front steps, selling it for $15.

In the next dream, I was at a dentist's office to have an operation to have a tooth on the upper right side of my mouth removed. They were giving me a giant dive-mask like thing to breath from to calm me, which was fine, but the procedure itself was said to be very dangerous, because it was a special tooth with special nerve endings. One of my friends, DO-W, who is a professor in waking life, was a dental assistant but she kept being elsewhere. The dentist kept turning on this exploratory drill and pointing at things in my mouth with it, and then setting it down on the chair I was in, which had a sheet over it like a doctor's table, and he would leave the drill on, so it would keep spinning and catch itself up in the sheet. 


I had another dream that I was back at my old college, on the first day of a new term and it was 10 minutes till I was supposed to be in a 2 hour long course. I was trying to eat a lunch first, because I also had another class at 3, but I quickly gave up on eating. Then it was about 5 minutes to class time, and I realized that I didn't know where the class was, so I tried looking it up and asking some campus people for help, but no one could figure out. And then I ran around campus trying to figure out if I could find the class before it started. And then I wondered if I should even bother taking "Orientalist Literature" but I figured I should at least try going to the first day, because maybe it would be cool, and we would be reading amazing books, and I should make an informed decision.

Then I had another short one between snooze alarms, but now I can't recall it.

No comments: